The grief process is very personal and our programs help family members move toward an appropriate grief response and adjust to a loss. Hospice of Davidson County offers grief support to all family members for 13 months following the death of a patient.
Finding comfort and support can include the following services:
- Individualized grief counseling – in your home, or at Hospice of Davidson County
- Mailings to aid in the healing process
- An annual remembrance service
- Grief connection groups and group support services
- Counseling specifically for children who are grieving
Grief is a normal response of emotions, thoughts and behaviors that follow the loss of someone or something important to you. There is no wrong way to grieve unless it causes pain to yourself, or others.
Grief is a natural part of life, it is very personal, and the process should take however long it takes for you to get through it. Don’t let people tell you how you’re supposed to feel. Sometimes you may not feel anything at all, but once the shock wears off, you may find yourself experiencing any number of emotions. Again, there is no wrong way to grieve. To learn more, call us at 336-475-5444.
Our 8th Annual Professional Conference on Grief & Loss
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019, (Open To Public) 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 10, 2019, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Mary E. Rittling Conference Center at Davidson County Community College
297 DCC Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
Registration will open later in 2019.
Additional Grief Programs
- Lunch Bunch – Fourth Tuesday of every month
Join us for a lunch gathering and grief support at Yarborough’s Restaurant in Lexington. Learn complete details upon registration. Please register by calling 336-475-5444.
- Adult Support Group – If you are facing the loss of a parent, spouse, child, or another loved one, the winter months can be harsh aside from the weather. Depression, sadness, fear, longing, and more are common. For many, life is too busy to grieve, for others, grief can seem smothering. Wherever you are on your grief journey, you don’t have to face it alone. Join us for a six-week grief focused support group for adults.This program is being held at Piedmont Crossing – Main Entrance – 100 Hedrick Dr, Thomasville.Please register by calling 336-475-5444.
- Open Hearts Support Group For KidsAs a child, the trauma of losing a loved one can be overwhelming. Confusion, insecurity, depression, anger, and loneliness are just a few of the emotions children often face. Click here to learn more.
To Register For Any Of These Programs, Click Here.
Blessing of the Hands for Caregivers and Providers
Hospice of Davidson County spiritual counselors offer a program for caregivers and other nurses, aides, volunteers and local healthcare providers, to honor their grief in caring for the sick and terminally ill. This program invites healthcare providers to share their grief experiences together while remembering the important work they do in supporting patients at the end of life. This program is best suited for long-term care facilities, healthcare agencies, physician’s offices, and other non-profit agencies whose work impacts patients daily.
For more information about current events and programs, please visit News and Events.