Grief Programs & Events
Join Us As We Hit The Road For Our 11th Annual Ride For Angels
Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Pre-ride registration $20/bike; $5/co-rider
- Day of the ride registration $25/bike; $10/co-rider
- Lunch is included with registration.
- 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Registration
- 11:00 a.m. Ride Departure
- Noon – 2 p.m. Hot Dog lunch
The “Ride for Angels” is escorted by local law enforcement.
Riders are invited to remember a loved one by placing a memento or note on our Memorial Wall located at the ride. Drawings for special prizes after the ride.
About the Route
The route begins at the Denton FarmPark, home of the Southeast Old Thresher’s Reunion. The ride is approximately 75 miles. (Denton FarmPark 1072 Cranford Road, Denton, NC 27239)
Open Hearts Support Group For Kids
As a child, the trauma of losing a loved one can be overwhelming, to say the least. Confusion, insecurity, depression, anger, and loneliness are just a few of the emotions children often face.
Our new Open Hearts Grief Programs are designed specifically to help children learn to cope with the loss of a parent.
- For young children, there is the Healing Hearts Story Time held on Thursday, July 19 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- For preteens, the Brave Hearts Support Group give kids a chance to tell their story and listen to others who have also experienced loss. This group will meet on Thursday, Aug. 16 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- For teens, the Mend-A-Heart Support Group allows older kids to learn and about their grief. This group will meet on Thursday, Sept. 20 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
Held the second Friday of every month*
Jul 12, Aug. 9, Sept. 13
(1 – 2 p.m.)
Join us monthly for a grief-focused conversation for any adult who has experienced the loss of a loved one.
Please register by calling 336-475-5444.
Held the fourth Tuesday of every month*
June 26, July 24, Aug. 28, Sept. 25
(1 – 2 p.m.)
Join us for a lunch gathering and grief support. Locations vary. Please register by calling 336-475-5444.