Grief Programs & Events
Thursday, Oct. 14th, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Your participation throughout the day via questions and comments will make this dynamic event more engaging and helpful for all.
- Attendees will be eligible to receive Continuing Education credits. See registration form for complete details.
- Sandra Bertman, Ph.D., FT, is a leading thanatologist known for using the arts and humanities to promote death education for medical personnel and the general public.
- Gary Gardia has over 35 years of Hospice experience. He received the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization’s (NHPCO) Heart of Hospice Award for developing innovative programs to meet the needs of caregivers and the bereaved, and he is the recipient of the national social work organization Social Work Hospice and Palliative Network (SWHPN) Award of Excellence in Professional Education
Through these podcasts, will be introducing you to people who are experts and influential in providing critical services available throughout Davidson County. From caregiver support and grief counseling to estate planning, volunteering, and healthcare, these are just some examples of the topics we will be covering.
Hosted by Hospice of Davidson County’s own Cole Warner and co-host Emmalee Thomas, each podcast will bring you a wealth of information about a variety of topics.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we work, how we live, and especially how we grieve. We can change some things, like how we shop, or how we engage others face-to-face through social distancing. But grief doesn’t change. If you’ve recently lost a loved one, you know that the grief you’re facing is real, and nothing about COVID-19 is changing that. Click here to learn about resources we have put online.
NOTE: All classes are conducted virtually. You will receive access to each class upon registration. Click here to view the Caregiver Academy flyer.
- Aug. 17 Natural Remedies & Holistic Wellness
- Sept. 21 Who Is This New Person
- Oct. 19 Self-Care for the Caregiver
- Nov. 16 Hospice End-of-Life Care (National Hospice Awareness Month)
- Dec. 21 Protection from Emotional and Financial Abuse